Organisations using the Direct Debit Scheme go through a careful vetting process before they’re authorised, and are closely monitored by the banking industry. The efficiency and security of Direct Debit is monitored and protected by your own bank or building society.
The Direct Debit Guarantee applies to all Direct Debits. It protects you in the rare event that there is an error in the payment of your Direct Debit*.
1) The Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
2) If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, The Care Bureau will notify you (normally 10 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request The Care Bureau to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
3) If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by The Care Bureau or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
4) If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when The Care Bureau asks you to
5)You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
* The Guarantee covers Direct Debit payments. It cannot be used to address contractual disputes between you and the billing organisation.